Image and video hosting by TinyPic

playoffs is to be really sound at that position. I think

in Gästebuch 07.02.2018 01:39
von jcy123 • 1.950 Beiträge

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- With nearly a dozen career races at Eldora Speedway, Rico Abreu will be one of the most experienced drivers in the field for next weeks Truck Series race.It should be his best shot at winning his first career national NASCAR race and earning a spot in the Truck Series playoffs.Abreu doesnt look at it that way.I think I can win on a mile-and-a-half, Abreu said Wednesday. I think its a chance for me to win, I think its a good shot. But I know if I dont win, I have plenty of other opportunities.Abreu was going to get to test the dirt at Eldora earlier than most of the Truck Series drivers because he was scheduled to race this weekend at the Rossburg, Ohio, track in the Kings Royal, one of the most prestigious late model races in the country.He was due to fly to Indianapolis in a plane piloted by Tony Stewart, owner of Eldora, who takes a participatory interest in track preparation in anticipation of next Wednesdays truck race.Abreu loves Eldora -- hes won a USAC race there and an All-Star Series race -- and should be equal to Christopher Bell in terms of experience and success levels at the track when the green flag falls on the truck race. Bell won last years truck race, the third at Eldora.I think the racing there, the style suits my driving style, Abreu said. Its fast paced, you race up by the wall and its just a place I really enjoy.Its got many believing Abreu, a rookie in trucks, should be a favorite next week. Hes not sure, though, based on mediocre first 10 races to the season.I havent been doing that good, he said.Abreu is 14th in the points with two top-10 finishes and is still adapting to the truck.I have speed at the wrong times of the race, and I just make a lot of little mistakes, he said. I havent been qualifying good the last few weeks. I feel like truck racing relies a lot on track position and thats not something I am good at just yet.Abreu is also discouraged by his sprint car season, which has seen just seven wins so far despite racing about four times a week. He had 13 at this time last year, but he also had a much heavier schedule.Because trucks take up the entire weekend, Abreu has cut his sprint car schedule from 80 races last year to 40. In all, he expects to race about 85 total events after 110 last year.I think I am just trying a lot harder, Abreu said. Its harder to win races and everyone is getting better and equipment is getting better. I also think its been harder for me to go back and forth to all these cars. But I only have 10 sprint car races left this year, then its all trucks.---SUPER TRUCKS-SARA PRICE: The Stadium Super Trucks will have its first female competitor this weekend when Sara Price makes her debut at Toronto this weekend.Price is a 23-year-old motocross and UTV racer from Southern California. She won over 17 national championships in motocross and medaled in the X-Games before making the switch to four wheels, winning several off-road and Time Attack racing championships.Price wants to be the first woman to earn a spot on the podium in the series owned by Robby Gordon.When Robby Gordon called me two years ago saying I need to get into one of his Stadium Super Trucks, I just put my head down and started getting to work, she said. SST is where I want to be, and Im very pumped to be competing in the same exact truck as the other competitors, its truly a dream come true.The trucks used in the series run up to 140 mph and launch roughly 20 feet in the air as they travel over jump along the course. The trucks are identically prepared 650 horsepower machines.---FILIPPI RETURNS: Luca Filippi will be back in an Indy car this weekend when he drives for Dale Coyne Racing at Toronto.Filippi will drive the No. 19 Honda at Toronto, where he finished a career-best second last season while driving for Ed Carpenter. Filippi drove the first four races this season for Coyne with a top finish of 17th place at Long Beach.Its one of my favorite races, not just because I finished on the podium in Toronto last year, but because its one of the best events on the schedule and I love to race on street circuits, said Filippi.The Italian has driven in 22 IndyCar races since 2013 and has raced at Toronto three previous times.---ELDORA NEW NAME: Major League Baseball balked at the name of Eldora Speedways annual Truck Series race, so the Tony Stewart-owned dirt track has found a new title sponsor for the July 20 event.The race had been called the Mudsummer Classic in each of its first three years. MLB raised issues about the name being too similar to its All-Star game, the Midsummer Classic.Aspen Dental has now signed on as title sponsor for the truck race and it will now be called the Aspen Dental Eldora Dirt Derby. The race is NASCARs only national event on a dirt track.Aspen Dental is one of the primary sponsors for Danica Patrick, who drive the No. 10 in the Sprint Cup Series for Stewart-Haas Racing.Aspen Dental has leveraged its partnership with Stewart-Haas Racing and Danica Patrick really well and this new role with Eldora Speedway gives them another strong platform, said Stewart.---CHARITY RIDE: Kyle Pettys annual charity motorcycle ride raised more than $1 million this year, its 22nd annual trek.The Kyle Petty Charity Ride Across America is the top cumulative donor to Victory Junction, a camp dedicated to providing experiences for children with chronic or life-threatening illnesses.Petty this year led 200 bikers on a 2,150-mile route, traveling from California to Mississippi from April 30 to May 6. Since 1995, more than 7,950 riders have logged more than 11.6 million cumulative motorcycle miles and raised $17.5 million for Victory Junction and other childrens charities.We are extremely thankful for the incredible turnout year after year, said Petty. Thanks to the outpouring of support for Victory Junction and the Ride, well be able to send even more kids to camp for years to come. John Hannah Jersey .J. -- Pitcher Carl Pavano is retiring after 14 major league seasons. Steve Grogan Jersey . Galatasaray said in a statement on its website Monday that Mancini signed a three-year contract and will be paid 3.5 million euros for the upcoming season, with his salary upped to 4. http://www.cheappatriotsjerseyschina.com/rob-gronkowski-jersey/ . The Redskins announced Monday that the quarterback who led the team to the Super Bowl championship in the 1987 season will serve as a personnel executive. Julian Edelman Jersey . They were putting most of their energy into a record-setting offensive display. Buy Cheap Patriots Jerseys . Kiriasis and brakeman Franziska Fritz finished two runs in one minute 55.41 seconds -- a mere 0.01 seconds ahead of Meyers and Lolo Jones, who likely bolstered her Olympic hopes by helping give USA-1 a huge push in the second heat. DALLAS -- Dak Prescott never gets tricked by the question, no matter how someone asks what happens when Tony Romo returns from his latest back injury.The answer will only get more complicated for the Cowboys if the rookie keeps playing this well in his record-setting debut.With a victory at home against Cincinnati on Sunday, Dallas (3-1) will be guaranteed a winning record for the widely projected Romo return date of Oct. 30.Then again, maybe its not complicated if you listen to tight end Jason Witten, Romos favorite target, close friend and teammate for all of their 14 seasons since they came into the NFL together with the Cowboys in 2003.I think its really simple, Witten said Monday at an appearance with U.S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch at a Dallas high school to announce a funding initiative for police departments around the country.I said how I feel about Tony, and I think theres only a few people that are on this planet that can do the things at that position what hes done in his career. Hell continue to come back and play at a high level.And Witten isnt trying to downgrade the performance of Prescott, who has an NFL rookie record of 131 pass attempts without an interception to start in his career.He has essentially shared the mark with Philadelphias Carson Wentz all season. Wentz, who is at 102, had last weekend off.To come in the situation and to play as well as he has, its been remarkable to be a part of and to watch, said Witten, who played a big role while Prescott ran the two-minute offense on a tying touchdown drive in the final two minutes of the first half in Sundays 24-17 win over San Francisco. Hes got a bright future ahead of him.Prescott has led the Cowboys to three straight wins after a loss in the opener dropped them to 1-14 without Romo since the 2013 finale.Dallas beat Washington with a fourth-quarter rally after giving up a 10-0 lead, took a big lead over Chicago in a comfortable win and came back from a 14-0 deficit in the second quarter against the 49ers.The 23-year-old is a victory away from the franchise rookie record for victories in a season, and hes the first Dallas rookie with consecutive games of a 100-plus passer rating.ddddddddddddEvery week, the questions for Jerry Jones get more direct over whether the owner and general manager is willing to let Prescott ride when Romo is ready.We know that we dream of having that kind of dilemma, Jones told reporters after the game in San Francisco.That is a good place to be as you look at the next 12 games in the NFL and playoffs is to be really sound at that position. I think we arent out over our skis a little bit to think that way.Yes, Jones said playoffs -- a year after the Cowboys slid from first to worst in the NFC East at 4-12 because they couldnt win without Romo and star receiver Dez Bryant, who has a hairline fracture in his right knee.Dallas beat the 49ers without both , and without Pro Bowl left tackle Tyron Smith, starting guard Lael Collins and stabilizing cornerback Orlando Scandrick.Never mind the three suspended defensive players in pass rushers DeMarcus Lawrence and Randy Gregory and linebacker Rolando McClain.Lawrence returns this week after a four-game suspension for a violation of the NFLs substance-abuse policy.I didnt expect it, Jones said. They are not looking back. They are lining up with literally who we have at game time. I like that attitude. We learned a lot last year.Prescott has repeatedly said the Cowboys are still Romos team, and he didnt skip a beat when asked in a slightly different way after Sundays game if it was becoming his team.Either way, Witten says his relationship with Romo wont make his role as a leader more difficult.Our standards for what we want to accomplish (are) really high, Witten said.So youre always competing. The teams that create that usually play better. I think one of the things that weve seen with our team is that competition in camp and minicamps, I think youve seen the result pay off with the way weve played.---Online:AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL---Follow Schuyler Dixon on Twitter at https://twitter.com/apschuyler Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: Ivan Jacob
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4594 Themen und 4720 Beiträge.

Heute war 1 Mitglied Online :
jcy123

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen