Image and video hosting by TinyPic

hey squared up," Oakland manager Bob Melvin said. "In the

in Gästebuch 07.02.2018 01:38
von jcy123 • 1.980 Beiträge

RIO DE JANERIO -- It was the sort of victory that resonates for years, the sight of a colossus in a sport suddenly going down, with all the attendant shock and amazement that comes with that. But even so, it wasnt the Miracle on the Mat it might seem.American freestyle wrestler Helen Maroulis was only 18 when she was pinned by legendary Japanese wrestler Saori Yoshida in 69 seconds the first time they met. She tore a ligament in her elbow too. Just two years ago, Maroulis was among three Americans chosen to train with Yoshida and some of her Olympic countrywomen at a conference in Japan, which dominates womens freestyle wrestling the way the U.S. owns basketball, and Maroulis says, I didnt get a single takedown of them the whole time I was there.But Maroulis learned from it. She pushed herself even more after that. She got a new head coach, won the 2015 world title at a higher weight of 55kg, and by the time she and Yoshida walked out Thursday for their 53kg gold-medal match, all those years of chasing Yoshida and studying Yoshida on tape, all the real and imagined hours of wrestling against the great Yoshida and watching her from afar, knowing Yoshida was the woman to beat here in Rio even at the age 33, paid off. Because Maroulis had landed on something she was committed to trying now. And the fascinating thing is, it wasnt a throw or a move.It was a thought: What is it that separated Yoshida from everyone else? And if you could unlock that, wouldnt you have a better chance of being able to beat her?As Maroulis explained it Friday, Im not a great video scouter from a wrestling technician point of view. But I studied her for years and years ... And I just tried to get into her head, tried to get to see what she was thinking. From what I saw, shes just better at being patient [during a match].Then I was like, When youre used to being patient, knowing someone panics, what happens when youre patient and someone matches you in that? Then youll be the one to panic.Thats the thought I went into the match with.And?It happened, Maroulis said Friday with a grin.The insight was a stroke of genius. No one else seemed to have the brains to figure it out and the talent to make it work. It was also a bit of a risk.Freestyle wrestling matches last only six minutes. Thats it. But Maroulis had trained for this moment against Yoshida with patience in mind, and she says shed wrestled that way in previous matches, always thinking about this potential match.Though the weight of knowing Yoshida hadnt given a point to anyone in these Olympics couldve hit Maroulis again once the match began, running like a freight train through her mind when the referee decided she wasnt being aggressive enough and put her on the shot clock -- meaning she had 30 seconds to try to score or Yoshida would be awarded a point -- Maroulis had a decision to make.And still she told herself, Do nothing. Be patient.I was just thinking Im not going to take a shot -- I can be down 1-0 and thats OK, Im going to show her even being down 1-0, Im still not going to get out of my game plan, Im not going to get out of my stance, Im not going to react to her movement. Im going to set the pace. Starting the second period, I think she knew that she might get put on the shot clock, and thats when she started opening up, and thats when I capitalized on that with my takedown.It was daring. It was smart. It happened exactly as Maroulis hoped it could. She was ahead 2-1 now, and then she added two more points near the end of the match, pushing her lead over Yoshida to 4-1. Bedlam broke out when it was over and everyone realized what she had done. Maroulis was romping around the mat with an American flag flying behind her. Yoshidas legendary run was over. Perhaps a new one had begun?By Friday, Maroulis happily admitted she hasnt slept for three days. And patience was still the word. Laughing now, she added had no idea when she might get some rest. Nike Vapormax For Sale . John Tavares, Thomas Vanek and Kyle Okposo were also being counted on to slow down sizzling Rangers forward Rick Nash. That plan didnt go so well early. Nike Air Vapormax Buy .C. -- Kemba Walker and the Charlotte Bobcats got off to a fast start, and the Sacramento Kings were never quite able to catch up. http://www.airvapormaxaustralia.com/ . Reigning world champion Eve Muirhead of Scotland opened with a 12-2 rout of Winnipegs Jennifer Jones in a battle of teams bound for the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi. Vapormax Australia Nike . -- Cam Newton pranced into the end zone, placed his hands over his chest and did his familiar Superman pose. Nike Vapormax Moc Black . Philadelphia is 2-0 against the Senators this season and scored five goals in each victory. The Flyers recorded a 5-0 win in Ottawa on Nov. 12 and then earned a 5-2 home decision on Nov. 19. The Flyers have claimed three straight and four of the last five encounters with the Sens overall and Philly has won two in a row and three of its past four tests in Canadas capital city. ARLINGTON, Texas -- Ross Wolf was thinking about retirement while languishing in the minor leagues for a third straight year. The Texas Rangers right-hander will probably reconsider now. Wolf pitched five strong innings for his first big league win in his first start in the majors, David Murphy and Adrian Beltre homered in a three-run first inning, and the Rangers avoided a sweep with a 3-1 victory against the Oakland Athletics on Wednesday. The 30-year-old Wolf came up from Triple-A Round Rock for a spot start after the Rangers scratched rookie Nick Tepesch because of a blister. He beamed in front of the cameras afterward and said "awesome" a lot after escaping trouble in the fourth and fifth and getting a big boost from Neal Cotts when he was replaced in the sixth. A year ago, Wolf (1-0) had a pregnant wife on bed rest and a boy who missed him at home while be bounced between Double-A Frisco and Round Rock in the Texas farm system. He spent 2011 in the Houston organization after refusing a minor league assignment with Oakland at the end of the 2010 season. "It tests your patience," said Wolf, who was making his first big league appearance since Oct. 1, 2010, as a reliever for the As. "My wife gets a lot of the credit. She told me to stick with it, and thank God I did." Cotts, pitching a day after getting three outs on six pitches in his game in the majors since May 25, 2009, struck out the side when he came on for Wolf with two runners on and no outs in the sixth. The left-hander whose best season came with the Chicago White Sox when they won the World Series in 2005 escaped trouble again in the seventh, getting Adam Rosales on a lineout and Coco Crisp on a foul pop with a runner at third. "He may have been here in Texas a short time, but he hasnt been at the major league level being successful for a short time," Rangers manager Ron Washington said. "Hes throwing the ball the way I remember him throwing with Chicago." Joe Nathan pitched a perfect ninth for his 14th save in 14 chances. Elvis Andrus snapped an 0-for-10 slump with a leadoff single in the first, and Murphy followed with a homer about 10 rows into the lower porch in right field. Two batters later, Beltre hit his 10th of the season halfway up the lawn in centre.dddddddddddd Jarrod Parker (2-6) was down 3-0 just four batters into the game, but went seven innings for Oakland. The right-hander retired 11 of the next 12 Rangers after Beltres homer and allowed six hits with five strikeouts and one walk in seven innings. "He threw a couple of early-count heaters that they squared up," Oakland manager Bob Melvin said. "In the past, early in the season, that game gets away from him. It looks like hes more comfortable now." Wolf, who had 25 career relief appearances, retired the first nine hitters and gave up one run with three strikeouts and two walks in five-plus innings. It was the second time in three days a Texas pitcher has made his first major league start after previous stints as a reliever with other teams. Josh Lindblom lost to Oakland on Monday. "For him to come up and pitch against his old team and get his first big league win, its cool to stay you were a part of it," catcher A.J. Pierzynski said. The As scored their only run on a sacrifice fly by Brandon Moss with runners at second and third and one in the fourth against Wolf, who was 1-2 with a 2.02 ERA in Round Rock, including a 1.85 ERA in six starts. Oakland, which had a five-game winning streak snapped, put runners at second and third with no outs in the fifth when Andrus made a sliding catch over his shoulder on a blooper into left from Eric Sogard. Wolf then got Rosales on an infield popup and Crisp on a grounder. "I think it meant everything to anyone thats in the game of baseball that have a dream," Washington said. "I think he did a great job of going through a hot team." Notes: Rangers RHP Cory Burns was optioned to Round Rock to make room for Wolf. ... Tepesch is scheduled to start Sunday at Seattle, and Yu Darvish will pitch the first game of a day-night doubleheader in Arizona on Monday. The second starter is undecided. ... As SS Jed Lowrie didnt start after getting hit by a pitch on his right foot Tuesday night. ... Oakland OF Josh Reddick (sprained right wrist) was eligible to come off the DL Wednesday and will join the team Friday in Houston for limited batting practice. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: MandelBeck
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4627 Themen und 4753 Beiträge.

Heute waren 2 Mitglieder Online:
jcy123, MandelBeck

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen