Image and video hosting by TinyPic

seven strikeouts in that span.UP NEXTLHP Drew Smyly (6-1

in Gästebuch 31.01.2018 00:37
von jcy123 • 1.950 Beiträge

MILWAUKEE -- For a team that thinks it can and will play a whole lot better, the St. Louis Cardinals are in decent position.Mike Leake struck out a season-high 10 over seven innings, Matt Adams and Randal Grichuk homered, and the Cardinals cooled off Milwaukee rookie Junior Guerra in a 5-1 victory over the Brewers on Sunday.Aledmys Diaz scored from first on a single in the fifth to snap a tie and the Cardinals entered the All-Star break having cut a 12-game deficit to the Cubs to seven in the NL Central.Thats pretty impressive, manager Mike Matheny said, because we havent played well.Adams snapped an 0-for-27 skid with a solo homer estimated at 455 feet to lead off the second. That ended a 16 1/3-inning scoreless streak for Guerra (6-2). The right-hander allowed another solo shot to Grichuk in the sixth and snapped a three-start winning streak.Grichuk and Adams added RBI hits in the ninth.Even though the (hitless skid) I felt that I was squaring up some balls and just hitting them hard right at them, Adams said. But I was swinging at balls I dont normally swing at. The last couple days I felt I was able to manage the strike zone a little bit better.Jonathan Lucroy had two hits, including an RBI single in the first for the Brewers, who are 0-13-1 in their last 14 series with St. Louis.Strikeouts have been a problem Milwaukee season, and Leake (6-7) was an unlikely candidate to keep that going.Leake entered with a rate of 5.7 strikeouts-per-nine-inning, ranking 91st out of 99 qualifying pitchers in the majors. However, he used his slider to keep Milwaukee off balance.I had that to go to because it was working and they were swinging over it, Leake said. So why not use it a little bit more?Leake allowed six hits and no walks in his first win since June 12.Mike was really good today, Matheny said. He got into some bad spots and made better pitchers when that happened.The Brewers wasted Chris Carters leadoff triple in the seventh, his first since 2014, and didnt score after putting runners at first and third with no outs in the third.To sustain a rally, you have to get something going there, Brewers manager Craig Counsell said.Hernan Perez fanned three times, and the Brewers struck out 10 or more times for the 42nd time in 87 games.Ex-Brewers reliever Jonathan Broxton struck out two in a perfect eighth before a two-run ninth put it away.The Cardinals took a 2-1 lead in the fifth thanks to their speedy All-Star. Diaz reached on his 19th infield single with two out. He then never stopped and scored from first on Stephen Piscottys bloop single off center fielder Kirk Nieuwenhuis glove.I just ran hard and looked at the third base coach, Diaz said. I ran like it was a double in the gap and he sent me to home plate. I was ready to keep running.The 31-year-old Guerra walked Leake with two out in the sixth to end his day. The former independent league right-hander gave up seven hits and three walks while striking out five.I didnt make quality pitches at times, Guerra said. When I missed my spot, they took advantage and got some big hits.TRAINERS ROOMCardinals: LF Matt Holliday (ankle) didnt start for a second straight day, but flied out as a pinch hitter in the eighth. ... C Alberto Rosario went 1 for 3 in his first big league start with veteran Yadier Molina resting a sore knee.Brewers: OF Domingo Santana (elbow) will remain in Milwaukee during the All-Star break to rehab. The goal is to hopefully increase his on-field activity starting Friday in Cincinnati, Counsell said. Hopefully by the weekend, we can determine dates for (a minor league rehab assignment).WEB GEMA fan in the first inning made a leaning catch of a foul ball with his glove, bounced off the top of the Milwaukee dugout and fell backward to the ground. The man held onto the ball and drew cheers from Brewers owner Mark Attanasio, sitting nearby.UP NEXTCardinals: Diaz replaces injured teammate Matt Carpenter in Tuesdays All-Star Game. St. Louis returns from the break Friday against Miami to start a 10-game homestand.Brewers: Lucroy heads to his second All-Star Game. Milwaukee then begins a six-game trip in Cincinnati on Friday. Youth Red Wings Jerseys . Rob Manfred, baseballs chief operating officer, testified last week during the grievance filed by the players union to overturn Rodriguezs 211-game suspension. A person familiar with the hearing, speaking on condition of anonymity, told The Associated Press on Saturday that Manfred testified the sport wasnt concerned whether Bosch distributed performance-enhancing drugs to minors because MLBs interest was his relationship with players under investigation. Red Wings Jerseys From China .com) - The game was all punts and field goals before Kodi Whitfields catch. http://www.cheapredwingsjerseyschina.com/ . Bryant, who signed a five-year, $34 million contract as a free agent with Cleveland in March, reported symptoms on Monday morning, a team spokesman said. Wholesale Red Wings Jerseys . Artturi Lehkonen, Joni Nikko and Ville Leskinen had the other goals for Finland (1-0) while Juuse Saros stopped 28 shots. Tim Robin Johnsgard had the lone goal for Norway (0-2). Adidas Red Wings Jerseys . Reigning world champion Eve Muirhead of Scotland opened with a 12-2 rout of Winnipegs Jennifer Jones in a battle of teams bound for the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi. TORONTO -- After the final out, thats when things really heated up between the Toronto Blue Jays and Tampa Bay Rays.Both benches and bullpens cleared after the Blue Jays wrapped up a 3-2 win Monday night, and the skirmish got settled without anyone throwing punches.After Steven Souza Jr. hit a liner to center for the last out, he traded words with Russell Martin, misunderstanding the Toronto catchers praise for his hard-hit drive as criticism.The situation escalated when Blue Jays shortstop Troy Tulowitzki joined the fray with some choice words for Souza.Troy decided to jump in and say some things that werent really necessary, Souza said.Martin said Tulowitzki kind of came in there and just kind of blew up in (Souzas) face.Cooler heads soon prevailed, and Souza sorted things out with Martin before everyone left the field.Were fine, Martin said. Theres no bad blood or anything.Ezequiel Carrera connected for a tiebreaking, pinch-hit home run in the eighth inning. Jose Bautista added a two-run homer as the Blue Jays improved to 3-7 in September and moved one game ahead of Baltimore in the AL wild-card race.The Orioles lost 12-2 at division-leading Boston. The Red Sox are two games ahead of Toronto.Jason Grilli (5-3) pitched one inning and Roberto Osuna got his 32nd save.Carrera replaced Darwin Barney to face incoming reliever Brad Boxberger (3-1). Carrera homered on the right-handers first pitch.He did it in a big way, manager John Gibbons said.Boxberger said he was surprised Carreras ball ended up a home run.It was down and away, good pitch, Boxberger said. When a ball you think is just going to be a lazy fly ball all of a sudden goes out you kind of just have to laugh it off.Carrera was the batter the last time Toronto got a pinch-hit homer, on July 25, 2015, at Seattle.Blue Jays left-hander Fraancisco Liriano opened the game by giving up a leadoff single to Logan Forsythe, then retired the next 14 batters.dddddddddddd Souza broke the streak with a two-out walk in the fifth but Liriano fanned Richie Shaffer to end the inning.He was cruising, Souza said of Liriano. He was throwing everything kind of where he wanted to, down in the zone.Bautista gave Toronto a 2-0 lead with a two-out homer off Jake Odorizzi in the sixth. For Bautista, it was his first extra-base hit since homering at Baltimore on Aug. 31.Evan Longoria homered on Lirianos first pitch in the seventh and Brad Miller followed by homering on a 1-0 slider. It was the third time this season the Rays have hit back-to-back homers and the second time theyve done it on their current road trip.TO ERR IS...Toronto has made at least one error in a season-worst six consecutive games. Its their longest streak since a seven-game run in 2011.MILESTONE KOdorizzi recorded his 500th career strikeout by fanning Melvin Upton Jr. to end the second.TRAINERS ROOMRays: 1B Logan Morrison will miss the rest of the season after injuring his left wrist in Sundays win at New York. He will return to Tampa on Wednesday for further tests.Blue Jays: 3B Josh Donaldson got the day off. Gibbons said the reigning AL MVP is banged up and needed a day to regroup. Donaldson is hitless in a career-worst seven games, going 0 for 23 with seven strikeouts in that span.UP NEXTLHP Drew Smyly (6-11, 5.05) starts against Blue Jays RHP Marcus Stroman (9-7, 4.55) on Tuesday. Smyly is 3-0 with a 1.23 ERA in five career games at Rogers Centre, including three starts. Stroman is winless in four starts, including an 8-3 loss at Tampa Bay on Sept. 2. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: Ivan Jacob
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4594 Themen und 4720 Beiträge.

Heute war 1 Mitglied Online :
jcy123

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen