Image and video hosting by TinyPic

e said. "That was going to be a tough one." Braun, in the starting lineup for the first time since going on the disabled list Ju

in Gästebuch 15.10.2018 07:14
von t123 • 640 Beiträge

MILWAUKEE -- Cincinnati starter Tony Cingrani cant be faulted for expecting a win after limiting Milwaukee to two runs over seven innings. Problem is he ran into Wily Peralta on the best night for a Brewers starter in over two years. Milwaukees wildly inconsistent right-hander tossed a three-hit shutout Tuesday night to give Milwaukee a 2-0 victory over the Reds and the teams first complete game since Yovani Gallardos two-hit shutout on April 5, 2011 -- a span of 407 games that the Brewers said was the longest such drought in major league history. "Cingrani actually threw a better game," Reds manager Dusty Baker said. "He had more strikeouts. But theres only one left-handed hitter in the lineup. He walks (Martin) Maldonado and the only left-handed hitter in the lineup hits a home run. When youre not going too good, these things happen." That left-hander was Logan Schafer, who provided Peralta all the support he needed, driving in both runs with his first career homer. Peralta (6-9), whose start was pushed back from Sunday to give his ailing left hamstring a few extra days of rest, struck out six and walked four. He was aided by two double plays and also picked a runner off first. The Reds also had a runner thrown out at home. "Ive been playing with Wily for a while now, "Schafer said. " Ive seen him that dominant before. It was really fun to watch tonight. He was incredible. It was really fun to play defence behind him today. Im glad we came away with the win." Cingrani (3-1) allowed just two singles in addition to Schafers two-run homer, striking out 10 and walking two in seven innings. Schafer, a last-minute replacement for Norichika Aoki, broke up the scoreless duel in the fifth. Martin Maldonado battled back from an 0-2 count for a leadoff walk and Schafer drove the first pitch 429 feet over the wall in right-centre to put the Brewers up 2-0. "One mistake, well, two mistakes; the walk and then I tried to get a head of Schafer and he jumps me," said Cingrani. "Its frustrating. I thought I did my job." Derrick Robinson was within a hand swipe of putting the Reds on the board in the seventh when he sliced an opposite-field triple into the left-field corner. The ball eluded left fielder Jeff Bianchi, normally a utility infielder who came on to start the inning as a defensive replacement for Ryan Braun. Robinson tried to score on the play but was nailed on his reach back slide at home on a perfect relay throw from shortstop Jean Segura. "Of course, as soon as you get out there, you get a tough play," Brewers manager Ron Roenicke said. "I dont remember balls hitting off that railing too often. They dont go up there." The Reds also threatened in the ninth when Joey Votto walked with two outs and advanced on a wild pitch, but Brandon Phillips grounded out to short. "When I walked Votto, I had the feeling they were get let me finish up with Phillips," Peralta said. "When I walked Votto, I just kind of stepped back and said make one pitch at a time and thats what I did." Roenicke said he probably would have pulled Peralta had Phillips gotten on. "It was going to be a bad decision if Phillips got on there," Roenicke said. "That was going to be a tough one." Braun, in the starting lineup for the first time since going on the disabled list June 10, singled in the first inning on the first pitch he saw. He grounded out to short and flied to right before being lifted. "I think I was pleasantly surprised with the way I got through today," Braun said. "Id only taken batting practice a couple times. I hadnt seen any live pitching, I didnt do any simulated games or anything. So, I was definitely pleasantly surprised with the way that today went." NOTES: Aoki was in the starting lineup in right field and as the leadoff hitter, but was a pre-game scratch with left elbow tightness. ... Reds left fielder Chris Heisey left the game after getting hit on the left elbow by a pitch from Peralta in the second inning. X-rays were negative. "He said his feeling didnt come back and thats why we took him out," Baker said. "I dont think hes playing tomorrow." . Reliever Sam LeCure pitched one scoreless inning, extending the Reds bullpen scoreless streak to 23 1/3 innings, spanning eight games. . The victory was only the fifth of the season for the Brewers when scoring less than four runs (5-33). http://www.texansrookiestore.com/Texans-Ryan-Griffin-Jersey/ . -- Aldon Smith believes he is on the path to being sober for good. http://www.texansrookiestore.com/Texans-Jon-Weeks-Jersey/ . At a news conference Tuesday where it was thought that the fiery Schallibaum may be shown the door after a dismal finish to the Major League Soccer season, team president Joey Saputo said no decision has been made on whether the Swiss Volcano will be back in 2014. http://www.texansrookiestore.com/Texans-Joel-Heath-Jersey/ . Nigeria beat surprise package Ethiopia 2-0 in the second leg of their playoff for a comfortable 4-1 aggregate victory. Victor Moses converted a 20th-minute penalty after an Ethiopian handball, and Victor Obinna made certain of Nigerias place in Brazil with his powerful free kick in the 82nd at UJ Esuene Stadium. http://www.texansrookiestore.com/Texans-Jay-Prosch-Jersey/ . After taking two big hits this week -- losing at home and dropping back-to-back games for the first time all season -- Indiana struck back by playing its most complete game of the year. http://www.texansrookiestore.com/Texans-Derek-Newton-Jersey/ . But what about the officials? Every sport has officials and they also have stories about hard work and sacrifice but their accomplishments are seldom recognized by anyone outside their inner circle. FRISCO, Texas -- Mauro Diaz had a goal and an assist to help FC Dallas beat the Portland Timbers for the third time this season, 3-1 on Saturday night.MLS-leading Dallas (15-7-6) has won two straight to stretch its Western Conference lead to eight points over Real Salt Lake.The Timbers (9-11-8) have lost three of four. They have a three-point lead over San Jose for the sixth playoff spot in the conference.Diaz scored into the bottom left corner off a penalty kick in the 14th minute. Michael Barrios crossed to Mauro Rosales, who slid behind a defender in front of the goal and tapped the ball to Victor Ulloa, who fired the rebound under the crossbar to make it 2-0 just before halftime.Walker Zimmerman added a header goal off Diazs assist in the 53rd minute. Diego Valeri scored in the 87th minute for the Timbers.RED BULLS 1, WHITECAPS 0VANCOUVER, British Columbia -- Bradley Wright-Phillips scored in the 50th minute and New York beat Vancouver to extend its club-record unbeaten streak to 10 games.The Red Bulls (12-9-7) moved into a tie for second place in the Eastern Conference with Toronto FC.Wright-Phillips scored his 17th goal to tie for the Major League Soccer scoring lead. He chipped a shott home after defender Jordan Harvey bounced a clearing attempt off him while falling down in the box.ddddddddddddThe Whitecaps (8-13-7) are winless in eight games. Vancouver coach Carl Robinson was ejected shortly before halftime for protesting a throw-in awarded to New York and faces an automatic one-game suspension.REVOLUTION 2, RAPIDS 0FOXBORO, Mass. -- Juan Agudelo and Chris Tierney scored and New England beat Colorado to end a six-game winless streak.The Revolution (7-12-9) had been shutout four straight times. Brad Knight had his second shutout of the season, including a diving stop of a close-range shot by Dillon Powers in the 18th minute, for the Revolution.Colorado (11-5-10) has lost two straight and is winless in its last four matches.FIRE 3, UNION 0BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. -- Michael de Leeuw had a goal and an assist, Arturo Alvarez scored and the Chicago Fire beat the Philadelphia Union 3-0 on Saturday night.Chicagos Sean Johnson had four saves for his fifth shutout of the season.The Fire (6-12-8) have won three straight at home against Philadelphia (11-8-7). Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys China NFL Hoodies Cheap NFL Jerseys Camo Wholesale Jerseys 2019 NFL Jerseys Cheap Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic NFL Jerseys From China Discount NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Cheap NFL T-shirts Wholesale NFL Gear NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Cheap Cheap Jerseys 2020 Cheap NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Cheap NFL Autographed Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: Colin Julia
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5945 Themen und 6092 Beiträge.

Heute war 1 Mitglied Online :
jcy123

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen