Image and video hosting by TinyPic

practice the next two days, which will provide a much-wel

in Gästebuch 24.01.2018 12:54
von jcy123 • 790 Beiträge

For Mary Burger, age truly is just a number.The 68-year-old from Pauls Valley, Oklahoma, is an age-defying barrel racer who may further etch her name in the record books of professional rodeo with the start of the sports world championship on Thursday. Burger -- who became rodeos oldest world champion at age 58 with her gold buckle in 2006 -- is back atop the Womens Professional Rodeo Association (WPRA) standings heading into the Wrangler National Finals Rodeo, which features seven different events and runs through Dec. 10 at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas.She will be one of 15 barrel racers competing in the $10 million rodeo, riding her horse in a cloverleaf pattern around three barrels placed strategically in a dirt-filled arena to see who can clock the fastest time. The cowgirl with the best time each night earns $26,231 -- the top eight places get paid -- and the barrel racer with the most money combined from the regular season and the Wrangler NFR after Round 10 earns the title of world champion.Burger rode her 7-year-old buckskin gelding, Mo, to a WPRA-record $190,977 in regular-season earnings this year and enters Round 1 on Thursday night with a $74,590 lead over second-place Jackie Ganter as the odds-on favorite to win another world championship. It has been a dreamlike season for Burger, especially considering she didnt know how much she and her somewhat green horse would be on the road in 2016.I was just planning on going to whatever rodeos we wanted to go to, and I just wanted to go to Houston and some of the [indoor] rodeos, said Burger, who is competing in her first Wrangler NFR since 2009. When Houston turned out real good, it just made it doable to make it [to Las Vegas] this year.Burger and Mo raced their way to victory at RodeoHouston in March, earning a $54,750 check that put them atop the world standings. Then, in mid-July, the dynamic duo hit it big again by winning the Calgary Stampede north of the border for $122,000, $72,000 of which counted for the WPRAs ProRodeo standings.Burgers final tally set a new regular-season record for barrel racing and has her poised to extend the age record she already set for rodeo world champions. And when you consider that Burger got Mo, an unknown and unproven commodity, in a trade for another horse, her 2016 campaign is even more impressive.She had an idea the horse was special, but his youth and playful attitude still had her wondering.It was always in the back of my mind, but you just never know, Burger said of Mos potential. I knew he had all the ability in the world to run with the best of them, but hes kind of an immature horse. He likes to just be a horse sometimes.Hes been getting a lot better, and I knew he had the ability all along. It just all fell together for us.Not only is she leading the barrel racing standings, but Burger will be wearing the coveted No. 1 back number in Las Vegas, an honor reserved for the Wrangler NFR contestant who wins the most money during the regular season. Its only the third time a woman has achieved that feat in the 58 years of the Super Bowl of Rodeo, which has 120 competitors (women compete in barrel racing, while men participate in bareback riding, steer wrestling, team roping, saddle bronc riding, tie-down roping and bull riding). Burger joins 11-time world champion Charmayne James (1987) and four-time world champion Sherry Cervi (1995) with that distinction.I guess they wont ever forget me that way, will they? Burger said. Sometimes, you might make the NFR once and nobody knows who you are, but with the No. 1 spot, I guess they wont forget me.Her accomplishments have not gone unnoticed by her peers.I think its awesome, and shes had a great year, said Cervi, who enters the 10-day rodeo at No. 12 in the standings. To be able to wear the No. 1 back number, I think its really cool and is an honor. Shes a good person, too, and represents the barrel racers well.Burger won her 2006 title on two-time American Quarter Horse Association/WPRA Horse of the Year Fred, and this years world title would be the first for her and Mo. As a woman who won her world championships on multiple horses, Cervi knows how tough that is to accomplish on different mounts.Shes a great hand [horsewoman] and has ridden numerous horses in her career, Cervi said. To come back and have a chance to win a gold buckle is pretty exciting. Shes trained a lot of great horses. The barrel racers who have competed in the futurity, horse show and jackpot worlds know who Mary Burger is because shes been competitive for a very long time.But with round winners earning so much each night and up to $67,000 for winning the 10-round aggregate, Burgers lead isnt exactly insurmountable. Shell have a target on her back as she takes on 14 other talented barrel racers and their trusty equine athletes in a race against the clock at the $10 million rodeo.Her defense of the top spot may be tougher than Burger would like, as Mo -- who finished second in the AQHA/WPRA Barrel Horse of the Year voting -- is recovering from a sore deep flexor tendon. Burger had him in physical therapy treatments throughout November and feels good about his rehabilitation.She is taking some backup horses to Las Vegas as a contingency plan, but she hopes to ride Mo as long as he feels good enough to go.I think hes going to make it, Burger said just before Thanksgiving. Hes getting to where hes pretty sound, and its just a matter of if he gets sore. If he gets sore, Ill have to go to a backup.Im really pleased with how hes doing, but he hasnt made any runs since the middle of October. So, were hoping that he does well and is healthy enough to keep on running.Burger and Mo racked up their impressive money total in just 64 rodeos, 36 fewer than Ganter, thanks to the pair of big wins. The quality over quantity approach worked, and now Burger has a chance to take home another gold buckle.Thats not a normal goal for a grandmother her age, but Mos talent and success, combined with Burgers innate desire to compete in the sport she loves, propelled her along. That internal fire and determination are what keep Burger going as she approaches 70.This is just what I love to do, she said. Other than working on the ranch and keeping that in order, this is my life. I guess its just all I know how to do.Burger also knows how to teach the sport to others and is a world-class mentor for her 10-year-old granddaughter, Kaden.Shes been going to Little Britches [Association] rodeos, and weve got her a nice barrel horse and a really nice pole [bending] horse, said Burger, who competed alongside her daughter-in-law, P.J., at the 2009 Wrangler NFR. Shes having a good time and doing really well, and Im a proud grandma.If Burger wins the gold buckle, her granddaughter could perhaps wear it as she progresses in the sport.It would just be a dream come true, Burger said. To win as much as Ive won this year, itd just be a great way to end an awesome year. Itd be icing on the cake. Chris Mullin Jersey . -- Damian Lillard and LaMarcus Alrdridge were again the go-to duo for the Trail Blazers against the Kings. Chris Mullin Jersey . Giroud, who wasnt in the starting lineup for two matches after allegations about his private life and a decline in form, scored twice in the first half. Tomas Rosickys chip made it 3-0 before half time at Emirates Stadium, while defender Laurent Koscielny scored an unmarked header in the second half. http://www.warriorsteamprostore.com/Cheap-Tim-Hardaway-Warriors-Jersey/ .C. -- After a listless first half, the Washington Wizards used a big third quarter run to beat the Charlotte Bobcats Bradley Beal scored 21 points and the Wizards used a 17-0 run in the third quarter to take control of what had been a close game and beat the Bobcats 97-83 on Tuesday night. Rick Barry Jersey . Jim Rutherford, President and General Manager of the Carolina Hurricanes, announced Wednesday that the team would assign Swedish forward Elias Lindholm to his nations team for the upcoming tournament. Andre Iguodala Jersey .ca! Kerry, Two nights after the Scott-Eriksson incident in Buffalo, the Bruins returned home to play San Jose. In that game, Zdeno Chara put a check on Tommy Wingels that clearly targeted his head. CLEVELAND -- Kyrie Irving had a big game. LeBron James returned to the court. And the Cleveland Cavaliers put it all together Friday night.Irving scored 25 points and James, returning to the lineup after sitting out a game, added 21 to help the Cavaliers rolled past the Detroit Pistons 104-81.Offensively and defensively it was the best weve played all year, as far as close to 48 minutes, said James, who rested Wednesday night in a loss at Indiana.James, made 9 of 14 shots and played only 28 minutes. Irving was 11 of 15 from the field with 11 assists -- one short of his career high -- in 29 minutes.Following a slow start that saw Cleveland coach Tyronn Lue call a timeout less than 2 minutes into the game after the Pistons hit a pair of wide-open 3-pointers.Lue only smiled when asked for specifics about what he told the players, but he was clearly unhappy.He didnt like our effort to start the game, James said. We got the message and we were able to change it around.He didnt need to tell us much, Irving said. We all understood.Cleveland led by 11 at the end of the first quarter, took a 56-39 lead into halftime and continued to dominate. The Cavaliers built the lead to 33 points in the fourth quarter, allowing Lue to rest his starters for the entire final period. The defending NBA champions dont play again until Wednesday night.J.R. Smith, who returned after missing three games with a sprained right ankle, hit three 3-pointers and moved past the Mavericks Dirk Nowitzki into 15th place on the NBAs career list for 3s.Detroit coach Stan Van Gundy, who was unhappy with his teams defense and rebounding in Wednesdays loss to New York, benched his starters for the fourth quarter.There is no takeaway from tonight, we got crushed, Van Gundyy said.dddddddddddd We were just awful.Cleveland was 11 of 25 on 3-pointers and has reached double figures in all 12 games, an NBA record to start the season.Kevin Love scored 12 points and had 14 rebounds, and Tristan Thompson also had 14 rebounds.Lues early timeout paid off when Smith hit three 3-pointers, and James and Tristan Thompson scored on dunks.Jon Leuer led Detroit with 15 points. The Pistons starting five of Tobias Harris, Marcus Morris, Andre Drummond, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope and Ish Smith combined for only 37 points.Their guys all played really, really hard, Van Gundy said. We need to find people that play that hard.TIP-INSPistons: Harris was hit with a technical foul in the second quarter. ... Van Gundy plans on sticking with a nine-man rotation until his team is at full strength. G Reggie Jackson is still rehabbing from surgery on his left knee and hasnt played this season.Cavaliers: James had three assists and is four away from passing Guy Rodgers for 17th on the career list. .... Cleveland blocked eight shots, including four by Thompson. .... G Mike Dunleavy, who didnt play against Indiana, entered the game in the second quarter. He scored five points.TAKE A BREAKThe Cavaliers wont practice the next two days, which will provide a much-welcome rest.I cant remember when I had it like this in a season, James said. Were going to take full advantage of it.Its very important for our team, Lue said. Guys should feel refreshed and healthy.UP NEXTPistons: Host Celtics on Saturday night. Detroit is 5-0 at The Palace of Auburn Hills this season.Cavaliers: Host Trail Blazers on Wednesday night. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: Valentine Augustine
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 1876 Themen und 2002 Beiträge.

Heute war 1 Mitglied Online :
x123

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen