Image and video hosting by TinyPic

eft wrist, probably wont return this season. Hes not making great progress, Y

in Gästebuch 24.01.2018 12:53
von jcy123 • 722 Beiträge

DENVER -- Yasiel Puig is the National League player of the month for June, and its hard to argue with that one. When it comes to the rookie outfielder making the All-Star team, thats causing some debate. The Los Angeles Dodgers phenom keeps setting records to start his career, winning NL player of the month on Wednesday to become the first player to capture the award in his inaugural month in the majors since it was started in 1958. The 22-year-old slugger also captured the NL rookie of the month award by hitting .436 with seven homers and 16 RBIs in June. His 44 hits were a Dodgers rookie record for a month. Hes been so sizzling at the plate that some are talking about putting him on the NL team for the All-Star game. The idea has sparked some conversation throughout baseball. Philadelphia Phillies reliever Jonathan Papelbon recently aired his opinion in an interview with MLB Network Radio. "To me, its an absolute joke," Papelbon told the network. "The guys got a month. "Just comparing him to this and that, and saying hes going to make the All-Star team, thats a joke to me." Puig takes it all in stride. He said recently through his translator that he really doesnt care if he plays in the game. "If the fans vote for me, thats OK," said Puig, who signed a $42 million, seven-year contract last summer. Nothing Puig accomplishes on the field anymore really comes as a shock to Dodgers manager Don Mattingly, who has seen just about everything from the Cuban defector and simply expects it now. No really, he does. "Youre getting to be where you kind of expect him to do something all the time," said Mattingly, who compares his slugger to a young Ken Griffey Jr. "If he doesnt get a hit or get on base, youre like, Whats going on? Its amazing." Puig is only the fifth player to win both awards in the same month since the rookie honour was introduced in 2001. The last player to accomplish the feat was Los Angeles Angels outfielder Mike Trout in July 2012. "Whatever league that Im in Im going to do the best I can," Puig said Tuesday after going 3 for 5 with a homer to begin July just as torrid as he left off in June. Puig certainly left quite an impression on Rockies reliever Adam Ottavino, who served up his solo homer on Tuesday. Ottavino tried to throw a slider low and away to Puig, only to have him hit it over the fence in the deepest part of Coors Field. "Its not a pitch you get hit for a home run that often. It was impressive," Ottavino said. "Hes so strong. Thats evident. I really dont think he got all of it and it went really far. "When he hit it, I saw his bat flip, so I knew he thought he got it. I didnt think he got it. When I turned around, I was like, Oh, yeah, I guess he did get it." Jerryd Bayless Jersey . The Olympic champion curler and TSN curling analyst immediately went online to look at the Halls long list of honoured members. Thats when the enormity of the honour sunk in. Wilt Chamberlain Jersey . Haas said he "felt a lot of pain" in his right shoulder when he slammed his racket to the ground in frustration after losing his serve at 3-3 in the first set. . -- Edmontons Val Sweeting is two wins away from a trip to Winnipeg to play in Canadas Road of the Rings in December. Custom Philadelphia 76ers Jerseys . Once again Jordan Cieciwa (@FitCityJordan) and I (@LynchOnSports) go head to head in our picks. Last weekend at UFC Fight Night 32 my #TeamLynch got the best of #TeamJC by a score of 9-6. Let us know which side youre on for UFC 167 use the hashtag #TeamLynch or #TeamJC on Twitter. Allen Iverson Jersey . The recently retired Stern was elected Friday to the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame and will be enshrined with the class of 2014 on Aug. KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Ryon Healys long shot left the Kansas City Royals a longshot to return to postseason play.Stephen Vogt drove in five runs, Healy hit a mammoth three-run homer and the Oakland Athletics routed Kansas City 14-5 on Thursday night.Oakland put a huge dent in the Royals diminishing playoff chances, sweeping a four-game road series at Kansas City for the first time. The As outscored the Royals 43-12, the largest Oakland run differential in a four-game series in franchise history.Vogt had a two-run double in a five-run third, walked with the bases loaded in the fourth and hit a two-run homer in the sixth. The five RBI matched a career high.Healy, who had three hits, homered in third with Khris Davis and Yonder Alonso on base. The ball traveled an estimated 480 feet, landing above the left-field fountains.Has he ever hit a ball further?I really dont think so, Healy said. It was a changeup. I saw it well. I kept my hands back and tried to drive the ball to the outfield to score those runs.Marcus Semien, who knocked in four runs and hit a three-run shot in the eighth for his 25th home run, could not believe the distance on Healys drive.Ive never seen a ball hit up there, Semien said.Healy went 9 for 17 (.529) with two doubles, two home runs and seven RBI in the series.Id like to say I hit one out there in BP in 1992 (when he played for the Royals), but I didnt, Athletics manager Bob Melvin said. I never saw it land -- 480 feet, thats impressive.Joey Wendle had his first career four-hit game and scored three runs as the As banged out 16 hits.Rookie right-hander Daniel Mengden (2-7), who was 0-4 with a 9.39 ERA in his previous seven starts, was the beneficiary of the offensive outburst. He held the Royals to three hits over seven scoreless innings to pick up the victory, striking out six with no walks.Everything was down in the zone. I was locating really well, Mengden said. I got a lot of quick, early outs, weak contact, which is what we try to do. I went in every inning and tried to establish strike one, which has been one of my biggest I guess flaws since Ive been up here.Royals starter Edinson Volquez (10-11) faced 22 batters and nine scored in 3 1/3 innings. He aallowed nine runs on seven hits and four walks.ddddddddddddn his past four starts, Volquez has allowed 20 earned runs on 32 hits and nine walks in 18 1/3 innings for a 9.82 ERA.I was inconsistent, Volquez said. Ive been getting hit with all my pitches. I think my changeup always gets me out of trouble, but Im still getting hit with that pitch, so thats a bad sign for me.Chris Young, the third Royals pitcher, yielded the home run to Vogt and has given up 28 in 85 innings.Christian Colon hit a three-run homer in a five-run ninth as Kansas City avoided being shut out for the second straight game.The Royals have lost eight of their past nine home games.Its been tough, Colon said. Were not used to this.VARGAS TO STARTRoyals left-hander Jason Vargas, who has not pitched in the majors since July 21, 2015, and needed reconstructive elbow surgery, will start Saturday against the White Sox. Vargas will be on a 45-pitch limit over three innings. Kansas City manager Ned Yost said the goal is for Vargas to pitch 10-15 innings before the season ends. Vargas was 5-2 with a 3.98 ERA in nine starts before the injury last year.OVERTON RETURNSThe As recalled LHP Dillon Overton from Triple-A Nashville and he will be used out of the bullpen. Overton gave up all five runs in the ninth.TRAINERS ROOMAthletics: RHP Henderson Alvarez will undergo another shoulder surgery Tuesday and wont pitch this season. Dr. James Andrews will perform arthroscopic surgery. Alvarez was a 2014 All-Star with the Marlins, but made only four starts last season before needing shoulder surgery on July 28.Royals: OF Lorenzo Cain, who has appeared in only one September game because of a sore left wrist, probably wont return this season. Hes not making great progress, Yost said. Hes getting a little bit better, but were starting to run out of time.UP NEXTAthletics: RHP Kendall Graveman, who is 9-4 with a 3.64 ERA in his past 19 starts, will pitch the series opener Friday at Texas.Royals: RHP Ian Kennedy, who is 5-0 with a 2.16 ERA since the start of August, will start Friday against the White Sox. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

1 Mitglied und 11 Gäste sind Online:

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: x123
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 1169 Themen und 1294 Beiträge.

Heute war 1 Mitglied Online :

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen