Image and video hosting by TinyPic

repeatedly booed when he touched the puck or had his na

in Gästebuch 24.01.2018 12:49
von jcy123 • 1.980 Beiträge

NEWPORT, R.I. -- Ivo Karlovic charged the net, put his backhand shot over and knew he finally won the Hall of Fame Tennis Championships.The second-seeded Karlovic, from Croatia, beat third-seeded Gilles Muller of Luxembourg 6-7 (2), 7-6 (5), 7-6 (12) on Sunday in the longest deciding tiebreaker in the Open Era.The 37-year-old Karlovic lost in the final on Newports grass courts the previous two years. It was his seventh career ATP title.Hes the oldest to win an ATP event since Marty Riessen captured the title at Lafayette, Louisiana, at 37 years, 9 months in 1979. Karlovic turned 37 four months ago.I was able to put it over the net and there was a lot of joy after all these years I was losing in the finals, he said. I was finally able to do it. I was down to match point. That makes it even nicer.Karlovic fought off three match points and won it on his fifth match point, ending the final after two hours, 56 minutes.The 6-foot-11 Karlovic raised both arms in triumph, turned and blew kisses to the fans in his players box behind the baseline.Its awesome because when you lose like this in the last two years, you are down to match point, thoughts come into your head, Karlovic said. It was that much nicer.After losing the first set tiebreaker, he took a 6-5 edge in the second tiebreaker when Muller appeared to give up slightly on Karlovics overhead lob that feel inside the baseline.Karlovic then won the second set with a forehand winner.Muller smashed his racket in frustration during the changeover.In the third tiebreaker, both players came up with big shots before Muller hit a forehand long from close to the net, setting up the final point.I dont think I did that much wrong, Muller said. I think Ivo played great on all the match points. He served great. I won a couple of matches in the last few weeks where I was the lucky one, I wasnt the lucky one.Muller, 33, was looking for his first career ATP title.If I look back to the beginning of the week, I think, yeah, I would have been lucky with making the final, he said. Right now, its just too close.The tourney is played on the grounds of the International Tennis Hall of Fame and is held in conjunction with induction ceremonies. Marat Safin and Justine Henin headed the 2016 class that was enshrined Saturday with the semifinals.The Open Era began in 1968, when the Grand Slam events allowed professional players to compete with amateurs. Zach Collins Jersey . -- Nate Robinson has played for seven teams, so beating one of them is no longer a rare occurrence. Terry Porter Jersey .com) - Christian Ponder will get another chance to prove himself for the Minnesota Vikings, with head coach Leslie Frazier announcing Wednesday that the struggling quarterback will start this weekends game against the Green Bay Packers. http://www.blazersprostore.com/Cheap-Terry-Porter-Blazers-Jersey/ . Most important, perhaps, it went off without a hitch. Organizers poked a little fun at the now-infamous opening ceremony gaffe that saw only four out of five snowflakes open up into rings, leaving the Olympics logo one ring short. Terry Porter Jersey . Ibaka equaled a career high with 20 rebounds, adding four blocked shots and 15 points as the Thunder smothered the Milwaukee Bucks offence in a 92-79 victory Saturday night. C.J. McCollum Jersey . Malkin got tangled up with Detroits Luke Glendening early in the third period and his left skate took the brunt of collision with the boards behind Pittsburghs net. GLENDALE, Ariz. -- Radim Vrbata has a move he likes to use in shootouts, and it worked again for a goal that helped the Arizona Coyotes beat the Nashville Predators 3-2 on Thursday night.The 35-year-old forward also tied Frans Nielsen of the Detroit Red Wings for the most shootout goals in NHL history with 42.With this move, I think if you do it right, you can freeze the goalie where he has to respect the shot and then its effective, Vrbata said.Louis Domingue stopped 35 shots for the Coyotes and hung on in the shootout despite some hip pain. Anthony Duclair also scored in the shootout for Arizona.Duclair had a goal in regulation as well, his first of the season, and rookie Christian Dvorak also scored for the Coyotes, who won for the third time in four games after a 1-5 start.Matt Irwin and Craig Smith had the goals for Nashville.Domingue stopped shootout attempts by Filip Forsberg and Ryan Johansen to seal the win.Its never going to be the prettiest game, but were going to find ways, Domingue said.The Predators lost four of five games on a West Coast road trip that ended in Arizona, though they earned two overtime points.Duclair tied it 2-all at 5:48 of the third period. He scored 20 goals in a breakout 2015-2016 season, but took 10 games to get his first of 2016-17.It was bound to happen, Duclair said. Its been a bit of a challenge but at the same time Ive been embracing it.The game went to overtime and Domingue was busy, stopping six shots while the Coyotes did not manage one.The last 2 minutes of overtime saw the Predators on their seventh power play, and the action was halted momentarily while Domingue was examined by a trainer.I was cramping a lot in the hip section, he said.Coyotes coach Dave Tippett said he hadnt decided if Domingue will play Friday night at Anaheim.Nashville finished 1 for 7 on the power play.Dvorak, recalled from the clubs AHL affiliate in Tucson three days after being sent down, scored his first NHL goal at 9:17 of the first period. He took a pass from Ryan White, then displayed some nifty stick-handling to free himself for a backhand that went off Pekka Rinnes pads.ddddddddddddThe goal gave Arizona a 1-0 lead. Dvorak became the third Coyotes player to score his first career goal this season.The Predators got on the board with Irwins wrister from left of the net, which zipped through traffic and was close to being deflected. Irwins goal, at 17:55 of the first, was his second in two games.The Predators outshot the Coyotes 18-6 in the first period but went 0 for 3 on power plays in the first 20 minutes.We let a game get away, coach Peter Laviolette said. They picked up their game in the second and third and we didnt respond to it.The Predators failed to convert on their first four power plays of the game, but the fifth one produced Smiths team-leading fifth goal of the season. Smith fired in a shot off a pass from P.K. Subban at 16:35 of the second period to give Nashville a 2-1 lead.Irwin took a hard hit from the Coyotes Jamie McGinn at the 15-minute mark, and the resulting boarding penalty led to Smiths power-play goal.Arizona went 0 for 3 with the man advantage and has gone four games and 12 power plays without converting.Game notes Arizonas Martin Hanzal missed the game with a lower-body injury sustained in Tuesdays win over San Jose. D Michael Stone also sat out with an upper-body injury, his third straight game missed. ... F Tobias Rieder was also scratched. He is dealing with a lower-body injury from the teams previous game, and his streak of consecutive games played ended at 163. ... Nashville captain Mike Fisher did not play due to an upper-body injury and is day to day. ... D Matt Carle and F Harry Zolnierczyk were also scratched for Nashville. ... Rinne celebrated his 34th birthday. ... Mike Ribeiro was repeatedly booed when he touched the puck or had his name announced. He was unpopular with fans during his brief time with the Coyotes.UP NEXTPredators: Host Carolina on Saturday night, the start of a four-game homestand.Coyotes: At Anaheim on Friday night. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: Ivan Jacob
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4624 Themen und 4750 Beiträge.

Heute war 1 Mitglied Online :
jcy123

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen